1) Tian’an Men Gate Tian’an men Gate is the symbol of the People’s Republic of China,where Chairman Mao proclaimed the New China was found .The name of the squre is come from this gate meaning the square of heavenly Peace.It originally built in 1420 as the imperial city gate .
Tian’an men square is the largest city centre square in the world .It is the place to celebrate the big anniversary of china like the years of 1999 and 2009 for the 50 years and 60 years anniversaries of the people ‘s republic of china.
It was a palace square with walls in the east ,west ,and south in Ming and Qing dynasties .In 1954 , it was made the big square we saw today .
The architectures in and around the Tian’an men square :
2) Front Gateis located in the very south of the square ,and is the only one of the nine inner city gates existing now .It was closed normally,would be open when the emperor went to the Temple of Heaven worshipping the God of Heaven or the good heavest.
3) Mao’s Memorial Hall was built in 1977 after the chairman Mao died in 1976 .Chairman Mao was kept in the crystal coffin covering with the communist party flag.Eevery day in the morning except Monday , tourists from all over china here pay the best respect to this great leader here .It is free visit but remember to take the passport with you .It is only open in the morning from about 8 am to 11:30am except Monday.
4) Monument to the people’s hero built to memorize the heroes who died for the New China from 1840 (the opium war) to 1949 (the new china was found).
5) National Museum of China to the east of the square stands the National Museum of China . Constructed in 1959,the National Museum of China used to be called the History Museum of China and the Revolutional Museum of China. Here is good place to enjoy the finest cultural relics from ancient china and highest level paintings and calligraphies ,and the history of china of course.
6) Great Hall of People opposite of the National Museum is the Great Hall of people where the government meetings are held every year.Middle Hall is the main hall where 10,000 seats are installed ;Southern Hall are the 34 reception Halls named after different provinces ,municipality cities and special administrationareas;Northern Hall is the banquet Hall for welcome the visitings of the foreign state leaders.